Friday, October 16, 2015

Long road ahead

March 14, 2015


Our little guy is officially Trevor Kenneth Anderson! Yesterday Brax and I were looking at him and I said, "What's your name? Are you a Derek or Trevor? I honestly felt like either! So I asked Brax what he thought and he said Trevor :) We both got a little teary haha He's perfect! We’ve also started figuring out more about what the little guy is going to need and what we’ll be going through. Our little man will be in the nursery and not able to come out because he’s so tiny and needs constant supervision. Only me and Brax and grandparents can go in there. They’re going to be giving him bottles because they need to be able to know exactly how much food he’s getting when he eats, and that’s harder to tell with nursing (and my milk still isn’t quite in yet, either). Right now he takes so little! It’s around 6 ML (milliliters)- it’s NOTHING! He had to get an NG tube a couple days ago, which will ensure he gets the nutrients he needs. He’s on a 3-hour feeding schedule and I go to every feeding but have a hard time making it to the 3 am and 6 am haha! The same day he got the tube, he had to be under lights because his bilirubin levels are a little high. I HATE it because the only time he can come out from under the lights is when he eats. So I can only hold him for a half hour every 3 hours :( Such a bummer. I can tell when he’s gonna need the lights because his skin starts to look so yellow. Booo. It’s like one step forward (No more IV), but two steps back (high bilirubin and NG tube). A team of therapists have also been in to help with his arm. A physical therapist named Dana created a little plastic splint for his arm to keep it from moving while it's braced across his chest and wrapped up with Coban. So he won't be wearing clothes anytime soon because he screams out in pain if you touch his arm :( But the therapist had an x-ray ordered to see what the break was like and after checking it out is confident it will heal properly on it's own in 4-6 weeks. So other than that he’s doing good so far and I just have to keep pumping so hopefully I can have milk for him ASAP!

What he looks like when he's tanning under the lights! That little eye mask is stylin ;)
Who knows when we'll see him again without a tube across his face
He had some boogers haha!









2 comments:

  1. His little broken arm breaks my heart. That is so sad that it was broken during delivery. Poor little guy. And I really admire people that have to pump for an extended period of time. I had to do a bunch of pumping when Oliver wasn't gaining weight, and I thought I was going to go insane. I love all the pictures of you with him - you have a mother's glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATIE! I love your comments, they are the best :) Pumping is terrible haha! Great for baby, but so not fun. I'm still at it and hope to keep it up for as long as I can, but it's getting harder every day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete